College Application Camp 2017
Where college applicants write
on the campus of
Montclair State University,
Session 2: July 31 to August 3
For rising high school seniors, no task looms larger than completing college applications. At College Application Camp, students focus on the most stressful aspect of the Common Application—the essay—during the summer before it becomes a last-minute chore.
At College Application Camp, the focus is on writing. We use a proprietary, multistep, evidence-based, and time-tested process to coach each student from a blank sheet of paper to an advanced draft of an essay that reflects their unique voice, passions, and personal outlook on the world, while meeting the specifications of the Common Application. And we provide daily one-on-one coaching support. Our coaches have MFAs in writing and are highly experienced writing instructors. They help students brainstorm, develop, draft, and revise their personal essays.
There's more. College Application Camp participants also receive:
- A Common App Overview Demystifying one of the core pieces of the college application process
- Résumé Building To provide guidance counselors, interviewers, and references with a handy overview of academic and extracurricular accomplishments
- Interview Coaching Tips on avoiding a lackluster interview that could weaken an application
- A Senior-Year Action Plan A timeline of application to-dos and deadlines
- One hour of Post-camp Support A coaching call after camp is completed, during which the student may polish her or his main essay or start brainstorming the supplementals many colleges require.
College Application Camp 2017 will take place on the campus of Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey.